Candice Lane – Thursday March 31st, 2011
I knew I was in trouble when I looked at the clock and it was 3:13am and I was still wide awake. I’m going to assume that I passed out by 4am…alarm went off at 8:15am. I wouldn’t be allowed to post today’s blog if I repeated the words that came out of my mouth. And no, I did not sleep right through those glorious 4.25 hours of sleep.
9:30am Fit & Lean (1 hour workout)
- Thursday class is more like a Butts & Guts class and my legs have been sore for the past…3 months now and I knew today was just going to intensify it. I have a love/hate relationship with John. He comes up with these crazy workouts that push you to your limits (take a peek at the puke board if you don’t believe me) but he gives you the encouragement to get through it…and he makes a fool of himself during the class so it goes by really fast. Workout was brutal but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
10:30am Protein Shake which consisted of…
- 1 banana
- 5 whole strawberries
- 5 grams of Glutamine, 1 scoop of SunWarrior Vanilla Protein, 1 tablespoon cocoa, 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- As much water as needed.
12:00pm- 1/3 cup of walnuts and almonds
- Large Black Coffee
2:00pm – Starvation hit…surprise surprise…some things will never change
- Small salad with mixed veggies, walnuts & sun dried tomatoes
- Small tin of garlic & hot pepper tuna (sue me health fanatics, I needed protein)
- Supps – 3 Multis, 4 Fish Oil, 2 Fenuplex, 2 Holy Basil, 2 Hydrozyme
5:30pm – 1 cup of yellow and green beans
- 2 tablespoons of Masala Hummus (curry hummus…AMAZING)
- Supps – 3 Fish Oil, 2 Fenuplex, 2 Holy Basil, 2 Hydrozyme
8:45pm – Monforts Grilled Chicken Salad (shawarma chicken not that pineapple stuff and I forgot to say no dressing…I have a feeling that screwed over the health factor of ordering a salad). Saved half so I wouldn’t have to make lunch for tomorrow. Not just a pretty face!
- I may have had 3 pieces of Calamari. Smallest ones on the plate of course…don’t judge me! I could have easily downed a dozen chocolate chip cookies but I didn’t. I still have a conscience and I feel horrible that I ate fried seafood.
9:30pm – That salad did nothing in terms of satisfying hunger.
- Had the same protein shake as this morning minus the Glutamine and instant coffee
- …1 cup of pistachios…still in the shell…
- 1 bottle of water
- Supps – 3 Fish Oil, 2 Fenuplex, 2 Holy Basil, 2 Hydrozyme, 3 ZMA
So I eat a lot of food, at least in my opinion I do. I think tonight is the first night since this competition has started where I actually feel full…maybe overly bloated and uncomfortable. I have to stop bringing walnuts and almonds to work. Out of sight, out of mind. I’m almost done this 1000 gram bag of pistachios. Not that I’m trying to down the bag in ‘X’ amount of time but once it’s done I will not buy any more.