Oat Less Oatmeal
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup pecans
2 Tbs ground flax seed
1/2–1 tsp ground cinnamon
dash of freshly ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 Tbs almond butter
1 banana, mashed
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (add more if desired)
2 tsp pumpkin seeds
1 handful of fresh berries (optional)
1 scoop of rice protein
1. Combine pecans, walnuts, spices and flax seed in a use a food processor to pulse the mixture until it is a course grain texture. Do not grind it all the way down into a powder.
2. Whisk eggs and almond milk into a thick combination that resembles loose custard consistency
3. Blend mashed banana and almond butter together. Add this blend to the eggs and almond milk and mix well.
4. Slowly add in the nut mixture you ground to a grain texture
5. Heat in a medium saucepan until the mixture reaches your desired consistency. Be sure to stir frequently.
6. Add fruit or more almond milk to taste.
Total Prep/Cook Time: 15 minutes